Privacy Statement for Website Visitors
This statement explains how Amal uses the personal information we collect from you when you visit our website www.amal.org.uk. You can contact us by using the details set out in section 7 below.
We will attempt to contact you if we make significant changes to this statement. However, we may be unable to contact you, so please check from time to time for any updates.
- Information about you we may collect and use
- Lawful basis
- How we use your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- International Data Transfers
- Looking after your personal information
- Your rights
1. Information about you we may collect and use
You may give us your name and contact information by:
- filling in forms on our website
- subscribing to our publications, newsletters and updates about our activities and events
- registering for or enquiring about our activities, events and services
- contacting us through our website
- reporting problems with our website.
You may provide your name, contact information and other personal information to us if you:
- apply for a job at Amal
- apply for a grant
- respond to our surveys
- send us an email.
We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example from our service providers. When you visit our sites, we use third-party services to collect certain technical information from your device including standard internet log information i.e. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, and page interaction information.
2. Lawful basis
If you voluntarily choose to provide your name and contact information in the ways listed above, we will rely on the legitimate interest condition to use any personal information so provided. We will consider any potential risks to you through our use of such personal information.
3. How we use your personal information
We use the information you give us to:
- send you the publications, newsletters and updates that you have subscribed to
- provide you with the services and the information about our activities and events that you have requested
- conduct surveys and process your response to any survey you participate in for research, evaluation and statistical purposes
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you
- otherwise communicate with you in connection with our charitable aims and activities.
If you apply for an Amal grant, any personal information we collect will be used in accordance with the privacy statement which will be provided during the grant application process.
The technical information we collect when you visit our website is used for site administration and internal operations (i.e. troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes). This enables us to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so, and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
4. Sharing your personal information
For the purposes described above, we may share your information with our service providers (such as Mailchimp), suppliers (such as our website designers and hosts), partners, associated organisations and agents.
Amal will not sell your personal information to third parties under any circumstances, nor do we permit third parties to sell on the personal information we have shared with them.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties such as:
- Should we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, your personal information may be transferred to the new entity.
- If we buy, sell or spin out any programme or assets, we will disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer, seller or new entity.
- For auditing purposes.
- If we are under any legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
5. International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal information to organisations based outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that certain countries outside the UK or EEA have a lower standard of protection for personal data, including lower security protections.
Where your personal data is transferred, stored, and/or otherwise processed outside the UK or EEA in a country which does not offer an equivalent standard of protection to the UK or EEA, we will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal data (for instance, entering into the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses). If you have any questions about the transfer of your personal information, please contact us using the details in section 7 below.
6. Looking after your personal information
We securely store all personal information you provide to us. As the transmission of personal information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your personal information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information, or by contacting us.
If you have concerns about the way Amal collects, processes or stores your personal information then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
You have the right to access personal information held about you. If you wish to do so, you should send your request in writing to email@example.com.
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of third party affiliates. These websites have their own privacy policies which you are advised to read. We accept no responsibility or liability for such policies.
The Controller of your personal information is Amal, and we can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: 24 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for monitoring compliance with relevant legislation in relation to the protection of personal information, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by post at: 24 Queen Anne’s Gate, London SW1H 9AA.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns or questions about the above information or you wish to ask us not to process your personal information for particular purposes. Where you have specific requests relating to how we manage your personal information, we will endeavour to resolve these, but please note that there may be circumstances where we cannot comply with specific requests.